The fear of dying keeps many men and women awake at night. In this article, we will list 5 reasons why you should not fear death if you are a Christian.
- In Hebrews 2:14-15, we see that Jesus took away the power of death from the devil. The devil has no power to take your soul.
- Ecclesiastes 12:7 tells us that our bodies will turn to dust when we die and our soul returns back to God. People often wonder if they will just lay dead in a coffin. However, the scripture is clear that we return back to God.
- 2 Corinthians 5:8 tells us that we will be present with the Lord when we are absent from our body. After the resurrection, Jesus appeared before the apostles. This proves that our soul exists beyond death.
- Genesis 2:7 tells us that God breathed into man and gave him the breathe of life. We became a soul. A soul is immortal. It can never die.
- John 11:25 tells us that all who believe in Jesus shall live.